How We Help

We provide free legal services for low income residents of Mississauga

Contact us to get in touch with us for help.

We can help with your problems with:

  • Housing law (tenants or co-op members only – not landlords), including evictions and subsidized housing matters
  • Immigration (not refugee claims), such as sponsorships and permanent resident status
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) (we do not help with the completion of application forms)
  • Ontario Works (OW) (we do not help with the completion of application forms)
  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP-Disability or regular CPP)
  • Employment law, such as your rights at work, unpaid wages and wrongful dismissal

We start with advice and then consider providing other services for you. Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents (for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board). And sometimes we can represent you in a court or at a tribunal, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.

We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.

If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can.

Note: We are no longer able to assist with matters related to WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board), such as workplace injury compensation, issues with denied benefits and how to file a claim. Click here to find out more about clinics that can assist with these matters.

We can’t help you with . . .

Click on the links above for information on getting help from Legal Aid Ontario.